UniLWP.Droid is built with customization in mind. It works with Unity’s default apk build pipeline, but what makes it different from other solutions is an alternative workflow provided to deeply customize the look and bahavior of your apps through external modifications.
- Unity 2019.3 and up (certain features require Unity 2020 or more recent releases)
- Android 7.0 and up (API 24+)
- Android programming experience needed (only if advanced build mode is in use)
C# callbacks to build data-driven live wallpapers
- Unlock state (Locked / Ambient / Screen-on / Unlocked)
- Dark mode
- Wallpaper scroll offset, with page count and progress on each page
- Window insets (to avoid overlapped UI rendering with device notch)
- Is in wallpaper / preview / activity mode
Unity Ads support
Screen saver (DayDream) support
- Unity Cloud Build support
Customization friendly design
- Re-building project would still maintain your external modifications made using Android Studio, including java files, xml resources, and gradle dependencies
UniLWP.Droid has two variants.
- One is UniLWP.Droid.Free, a free plugin in UPM format.
- Another is UniLWP.Droid.Store, an Asset-Store-listed plugin with more features.
|Unity as Live Wallpaper||✅||✅|
|Default Build Pipeline (One-Click Apk)||✅||✅|
|Callbacks (Lock State, Scroll Offset, etc)||❌||✅|
|Modular Customization||✅ (You need to do it yourself)||✅ (Editor tools provided)|
|Advanced Build Workflow||❌||✅|